Hello and welcome! This is the official wiki of the | Iron Throne RP subreddit, a collaborative writing experience set in George R. R. Martin's s A Song of Ice and Fire universe.
This wiki details the lore, characters, and story of our subreddit.
This site is optimized for viewing at 1920x1080.
"Then put your hopes on me. I am the only dragon that you need."
"No good has ever come of these dreams of dragons..."
"Thick walls and high towers are small use against dragons. For dragons fly."
"A place of dragons and dragonlords, the seat of House Targaryen"
All pages on the wiki are open for editing, and any help you are willing to provide is appreciated. We pride ourselves on an active and involved community, using our many and diverse skills to make this story the best it can be. If you have any questions feel free to ask an admin, or hop on the IRC to chat with us in real time.
A forewarning to all players: this wiki and the roleplay it belongs to both contain spoilers to the ASOIAF series and the television show. It is not required that you have read or watched either, but if you wish to keep the details of their plots a surprise you may wish to avoid certain pages.
Please keep in mind the RP Rules at all times:
- You are not permitted to use out-of-character knowledge in your role playing (in-character interaction.) This is a form of metagaming, and we do not tolerate it.
- Pressuring, coercing, dissuading, or persuading other players to alter or revise their characters' decisions is strictly prohibited. This is also a form of metagaming, and we do not tolerate it.
- Respect your roleplaying peers, especially in OOC settings.
- Graphic content of a violent or sexual nature must be reasonably and responsibly written. Apply NSFW tags, or your post will be removed.
- Violent or sexual content involving more than one player must be consensual. Physically harming, restraining, or killing another player or men under their command requires OOC consent or mod approval (visit the War & Death Tribunal for more information.)
- Controlling someone else's character requires their OOC consent.
- OOC plans of action - to be clear, OOC plans of actions are different than OOC consent - do not override IC interactions or consequences. If you planned to have some kind of interaction with another player, but are foiled by some other event/interaction, then you either have to adjust or move on.
- In relation to the previous regulation, do not hold up the community for the sake of an OOC plan of action. This directly violates our second rule - respect your peers - by selfishly restricting the RP of others for your own gain or entertainment. Moderator or Common Man intervention will be the appropriate response.
- OOC consensus - an agreement between all involved parties to resolve a situation or event - is highly encouraged. In the absence of consensus, please use the relevant game mechanics and/or make an appeal to the moderators.
With all of that said, have fun! If you're feeling lost, visit our ITRP Community Site Map.
The War of the Shadow was a conflict in the year 349AC, when Prince Baelon Targaryen tamed the last of Daenerys' dragons, Drogon, and led an ill-fated revolt against King Aemon Targaryen, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms.
Though the gulf in ages between the two sons of Aegon VI saw them raised separately in King's Landing, their differences and enmity were apparent from the start. While the second son of the Conqueror Reborn was trained for administration and the sword, Baelon's lot was far less regimented: the younger son free to travel and life as he wished while the elder languished beneath the burden of duty. It was there that the first inklings of resentment sprang up, slowly fanned over years by a series of slights and slanders.
|“||Move fast and strike hard, and we can win some easy victories before the Lannisters even know that we have landed.||”|
- ...that Princess Rhaenys Targaryen named her little black kitten Balerion?
- ...that the religion of the Drowned God dates from before the Andal Invasion?
- ...that Brienne of Tarth had three siblings, none of which survived childhood? Her brother Galladon drowned, and her sisters Arianne and Alysanne died as infants?
- ...that the Sand Snakes were the cousins of Rhaegar Targaryen's son Aegon and daughter Rhaenys?
- ...that Valyrian roads, The Wall, the Titan of Braavos, and the triple walls of Qarth are among the nine wonders listed in Wonders Made by Man written by Lomas Longstrider, the famous traveler?