The City Watch of King's Landing, also called the Goldcloaks is the guard force made up of semi-trained men-at-arms that protect and police the city of King's Landing. Traditionally headed by the Master of Laws and led by a Lord Commander. The Goldcloaks, as they are still called, boast nearly two thousand men in King's Landing, ready to protect the city in its time of need.
Since 377 AC it has been under the command of Ser Argrave Drox.
Though not as well trained as the City Watch of Lannisport, the Goldcloaks have a proud and long tradition. Founded by the Targaryens but truly established by Daemon Targaryen in 104-105 AC, the City Watch has thwarted countless riots, fires, burglary, and smuggler rings. During the infamous Dance of Dragons, the large majority of the Gold Cloaks supported the blacks, and prior to the War of Five Kings they, along with Lord Petyr Baelish, assisted in the apprehension of the traitor Eddard Stark.
When Aegon VI Targaryen claimed the throne, the Gold Cloaks remained and continued to serve the city.
- Ser Duncan Stone – Officer in the City Watch, Right Hand Man to Argrave, Captain of the Iron Gate
- Tristifer – Officer, Captain of the River or ‘Mud’ Gate
- Ser Barristan Turnberry – Officer, Captain of the Lion Gate
- “Fair Daer” Daeron Waters – Officer, Captain of the Dragon Gate
- Sarmion – Officer, Commander of the King's Gate
- Loras – Officer, Commander of the Gate of the Gods
- Willas – Officer
- Leo – Officer